Pages

Monday 12 August 2013

Speech Marks


WALT - use speech marks to show direct speaking.


Fill in the Speech Marks:


“ Good morning,” said the check-out lady. “Do you have your Fly Buys card? ”

Joe had a really sore tummy. “I can’t go to school,” he groaned.

“ I don't think so “ replied James.

“ Yes” Bob replied. “ That's what I'm going to do “.

 “Is that what you were after?” asked Sally.

“Hello “, said Tony.

” I want the ball “ yelled Bill to all the other players.

” What’s the time’ asked Mark?. “It’s 9 o’clock” replied
Tom.

“ It isn't fair!” he complained bitterly. “ I always have to wash the dishes”.

“Oh no!” cried Jake. “ I don't want to go swimming! “

“ What do you want to do when you grow up “ said John.
“ I don’t know” replied Dan “ I might be a pilot”.

I watched carefully as the teacher did the example. “Now have a go at doing it yourself  “ she said. I still wasn’t sure so I asked her to go through it again.

“ What are your hobbies “ asked Jill.
“ Well “ said Jack ” I like collecting model cars”.
How dull laughed Jill. Jack sulked and wouldn’t speak to Jill for the rest of the day

” I am tired “ the boy said and then drifted off to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment